MacBook Pro elevates the notebook to a whole new level of performance and portability. Wherever your ideas take you, you’ll get there faster than ever with high‑performance processors and memory, advanced graphics, incredibly fast storage and more — all in a compact package that weighs just 1.4 kilos.
Retouch, edit and work with high-resolution photos in Affinity Photo at lightning speed.
Build code, run multiple virtual machines and see your work take shape — faster than ever before.
Edit multiple channels of video and audio in Final Cut Pro X and experience smoother-than-ever playback.
Create professional-quality music in Logic Pro X with multiple tracks and plug-ins, virtual instruments, automation and more.
PROCESSOR AND MEMORY
More power at its cores.
With up to a 10th-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, the 13-inch MacBook Pro is ready to take on even the toughest tasks. So when you’re powering through pro‑level processing jobs like compiling code, layering multiple tracks in a music composition or encoding video, you’ll get everything done faster. And for the first time, you can configure 32GB of memory on a 13-inch MacBook Pro — for up to 50 per cent faster performance when you’re applying edits to gigapixel images in Photoshop,2 the capacity to load more virtual instruments, and incredible fluidity when you’re running multiple virtual machines.
Eye-opening graphics performance.
The available 10th-generation Intel processor with powerful new Iris Plus graphics delivers up to 80 per cent faster graphics performance than the previous generation.1 That means effortless video editing, faster 3D rendering and smoother gaming.
Make quicker work of everything.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro includes a solid-state drive that’s incredibly fast, with sequential read speeds up to 3.0GB/s.10 The standard configurations have twice the capacity of the previous generation (256GB, 512GB or 1TB), and with up to 4TB of storage, you can take all your photos and videos with you no matter where you go. And with the Apple T2 Security Chip, everything is automatically encrypted on the fly.
A powerful arrangement.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro is designed to let you do everything faster and more efficiently. The new Magic Keyboard features a refined scissor mechanism with 1mm of travel, delivering the best typing experience ever on a Mac notebook. A dedicated Escape key allows quick switching between modes and views. The inverted “T” arrow keys help you fly through lines of code, spreadsheets or game environments. The Touch Bar puts powerful shortcuts front and center, and Touch ID provides fast authentication.
APPLE T2 SECURITY CHIP
The next generation of security.
Every MacBook Pro is equipped with the Apple T2 Security Chip — our second‑generation custom Mac silicon designed to make everything you do even more secure. It includes a Secure Enclave coprocessor that provides the foundation for secure boot and encrypted storage capabilities. It also consolidates many discrete controllers, including the system management controller, audio controller and SSD controller, into one. And the Apple T2 Security Chip brings a familiar voice to MacBook Pro — Hey Siri is always ready to open apps, find documents, play music or answer your questions.
DISPLAY AND AUDIO
Easy on the eyes.
Music to your ears.
The Retina display features bright LED backlighting and delivers deep blacks and bright whites. It supports P3 wide colour for even more vibrant greens and reds than with sRGB. And every MacBook Pro features True Tone technology. The white balance automatically adjusts to match the colour temperature of the light around you — for a more natural viewing experience. MacBook Pro has a dynamic soundstage that feels and sounds much wider than its physical dimensions imply. Films are more immersive. Music more room-filling. And three built-in mics form directional beams that capture your voice more clearly for FaceTime calls and talking to Siri.
The most powerful and versatile port ever.
Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra‑high bandwidth with the ultra‑versatility of the USB‑C industry standard to create one revved‑up universal port. It integrates data transfer, charging and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40Gb/s of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. MacBook Pro is available with up to four ports, so you can do all of that from either side. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter. And Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug in, it’s always the right way up.
Extend your desktop.
Sidecar lets you extend your workspace by using your iPad as a second Mac display.12 Work in one app while you reference another or view your artwork on your MacBook Pro while you use tools and palettes on your iPad. You can also mirror the screens so they both display the same content, making it perfect for sharing exactly what you see with others.
EXPRESS YOUR CREATIVITY. WITH APPLE PENCIL.
Bring the ease and precision of Apple Pencil to your favourite creative Mac apps with Sidecar.13 Use Apple Pencil to design in Illustrator, edit photos in Affinity Photo or create 3D models in ZBrush. The handy sidebar puts essential Command, Control and Shift keys at your fingertips.
MAC + IPHONE
All together now.
Copy a note on your iPhone and paste it on your Mac. Create a storyboard on your Mac and take it with you on your iPhone. Start an Apple Arcade game on either device and finish it on the other. Your Mac works with your iPhone in ways no other computer can.
- Retina display: 13.3‑inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560x1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colours
- Supported scaled resolutions: 1680x1050, 1440x900, 1024x640
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide colour (P3)
- True Tone technology
- 1.4GHz quad-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
- 512GB SSD
- 8GB: 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 8GB: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
Charging and Expansion
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) ports with support for: Charging, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with: 65 (US) or 66 (ISO) keys including 4 arrow keys in an inverted “T” arrangement, Touch Bar, Touch ID sensor, Ambient light sensor, Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure‑sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure‑sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
- Wi‑Fi: 802.11ac Wi‑Fi wireless networking, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colours and: One external 5K display with 5120x2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colours, or Up to two external 4K displays with 4096x2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colours
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output: Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C, VGA, HDMI, DVI and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5mm headphone jack
Battery and Power
- Up to 10 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours Apple TV app film playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built‑in 58.2‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 61W USB‑C Power Adapter
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: −25° to 45° C (−13° to 113° F)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)
- Maximum storage altitude: 4,500 metres (15,000 feet)
- Maximum shipping altitude: 10,500 metres (35,000 feet)
Size and Weight
- Height: 1.56 cm (0.61 inches)
- Width: 30.41 cm (11.97 inches)
- Depth: 21.24 cm (8.36 inches)
- Weight: 1.4 kg (3.1 pounds)
- macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Catalina brings dedicated apps for music, TV and podcasts. Smart updates to the apps you use most. And Sidecar, which lets you use iPad as a second display. So you can take everything you do above and beyond.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Voice Memos
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
- Find My
- QuickTime Player
In the Box
- 13‑inch MacBook Pro
- 61W USB‑C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2m)
APPLE MACBOOK PRO 13". i5 1.4GHz/8GB/512GB/IRIS 645/SILVER