APPLE MAC STUDIO M1
Mac Studio is an entirely new Mac desktop. It packs outrageous performance, extensive connectivity and new capabilities into an unbelievably compact form, putting everything you need within easy reach and transforming any space into a studio. And it all starts with your choice of the ferociously fast M1 Max or the all-new M1 Ultra — the most powerful chip ever in a personal computer.
M1 Max brings power to tackle challenges of almost any size. Whether you’re running multiple apps, sorting and editing thousands of photos, recording and mixing professional-quality music, or discovering a new exoplanet, the blazing‑fast
M1 Max has your back.
The incredible power and efficiency of Apple silicon has allowed us to completely reimagine the high-performance desktop. The design inspiration for Mac Studio was simple: to let M1 Max or M1 Ultra — and your creativity — run completely unrestrained, within the smallest possible footprint. It fits perfectly under most displays, putting prodigious power and connectivity within arm’s reach, right on your desk.
Plays it cool.
Within the 19.7-centimetre-square Mac Studio enclosure lies a groundbreaking thermal system designed to let M1 Max or M1 Ultra fly through heavy workloads at screaming-fast speeds — and stay whisper quiet.
Mac Studio lets you create the studio of your dreams with an array of 12 high-performance ports, located front and back for convenient access. Easily connect — and disconnect — your camera, external storage and other devices from the front. See the bigger picture by plugging in up to four Pro Display XDRs and one 4K TV. There’s also a headphone jack with advanced support for high-impedance headphones or line out for amplified speakers.
Studio Display and Mac Studio.
We designed Mac Studio together with the new Studio Display for the ultimate studio setup. With its breathtaking 27-inch 5K Retina display, 12MP Ultra Wide camera with Centre Stage, studio-quality three-mic array and six-speaker sound system with Spatial Audio, Studio Display completes the full Mac experience.
Transform your studio.
With its strikingly compact form factor and abundance of ports, Mac Studio lets you reimagine your workspace and unleash your creativity.
Apple M1 Max chip
- 10-core CPU with 8 performance cores and 2 efficiency cores
- 24-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 400GB/s memory bandwidth
- Hardware-accelerated H.264, HEVC, ProRes and ProRes RAW
- Video decode engine
- Two video encode engines
- Two ProRes encode and decode engines
32GB unified memory
Simultaneously supports up to five displays:
- Support for up to four Pro Display XDRs (6K resolution at 60Hz and over a billion colours) over USB‑C and one 4K display (4K resolution at 60Hz and over a billion colours) over HDMI
Thunderbolt 4 digital video output supports
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- Thunderbolt 2, DVI and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)
HDMI display video output
- Support for one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz
- DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- Built-in speaker
- 3.5mm headphone jack with advanced support for high-impedance headphones
- HDMI port supports multi-channel audio output
Connections and Expansion
Four Thunderbolt 4 ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt 4 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 4 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- Two USB‑A ports (up to 5Gb/s)
- HDMI port
- 10Gb Ethernet
- 3.5mm headphone jack
On front (M1 Max):
- Two USB‑C ports (up to 10Gb/s)
- SDXC card slot (UHS‑II)
- 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 10Gb Ethernet (Nbase-T Ethernet with support for 1Gb, 2.5Gb, 5Gb and 10Gb Ethernet using RJ‑45 connector)
Size and Weight
- Height: 9.5 cm (3.7 inches)
- Width: 19.7 cm (7.7 inches)
- Depth: 19.7 cm (7.7 inches)
- Weight (M1 Max): 2.7 kg (5.9 pounds)
- Weight (M1 Ultra): 3.6 kg (7.9 pounds)
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 370W
- Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: –40° to 47° C (–40° to 116° F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 5,000 metres (16,400 feet)
In the Box
- Mac Studio
- Power lead