APPLE IPHONE SE 3RD GEN 64GB RED
iPhone 11 Pro called.
It wants its chip back.
We put the brains of iPhone 11 Pro in the body of iPhone SE. our A13 bionic chip is built for speed. So everything feels fluid,whether you're launching apps,playing the latest games, or exploring new ways to work and play with augmented reality.
Smile. You're in portrait mode
The advanced camera system with A13 Bionic brings you Portrait mode, which artfully blurs the background to put the focus on your subject — even when you’re taking selfies.
Depth Control. A simple slider lets you blur the background as much or as little as you like — before or after you take the photo.
Portrait Lighting. Choose from six studio‑quality effects, then adjust the lighting intensity to show your subject in the best possible light
Let there be light. And shadow. And contour.
Next‑generation Smart HDR knows a face when it sees one, and intelligently relights it to capture more natural-looking contours and skin tones. It also finesses highlight and shadow detail in the background. So every part of your photo looks amazing.
High high high,
4K video means you’ll see four times more detail than in 1080p HD video. And extended dynamic range adds greater detail in highlights and shadows.
Home sweet. Home button
Touch ID lets you securely unlock your iPhone and sign in
to apps instantly. You can even use it with Apple Pay to grab a coffee, get a yoga app, or shop for sneakers online.
All without reaching for your credit card.
Privacy is built in.
Everything we make is designed to give you control over your information. All the iMessages you send are encrypted. Fingerprint data is stored on your device, never on Apple servers or in iCloud. Apple Pay doesn’t share your credit card number. And the list goes on.
sloshes, sprinkles, sprays,
splatters, and spills.
iPhone SE is water resistant to 1 meter for 30 minutes*. It’s not afraid of a little coffee, tea, or soda either. And dust? No worries.
* iPhone SE was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.
Binge‑worthy battery life.
The show must go on. So iPhone SE lets you watch up to 13 hours of video on a single charge *. When you do need to power up, just set it down on a wireless charger. Or connect to an 18W fast-charge adapter to go from zero to up to 50 percent in 30 minutes.
* Testing conducted by Apple in February 2020 using preproduction iPhone SE (2nd generation) units and software and accessory Apple USB-C Power Adapters (18W Model A1720 and 30W Model A1882). Charge time varies with environmental factors; actual results will vary.
Built for iOS 13. And beyond.
iPhone SE is made to run the latest features — and even some that haven’t been invented yet. So you can use Dark Mode, Siri Shortcuts, and the new Photos app now. And take advantage of feature and security updates in the future.
Size and Weight
- 5.45 inches
- (138.4 mm)
- 2.65 inches
- (67.3 mm)
- 0.29 inch
- (7.3 mm)
Weight: 5.22 ounces (148 grams)
- Retina HD display
- 4.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen LCD Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology
- 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- True Tone display
- Wide color display (P3)
- Haptic Touch
- 625 nits max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Display Zoom
- A13 Bionic chip
- Third‑generation Neural Engine
Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant
- Rated IP67 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529
- 12MP Wide camera
- ƒ/1.8 aperture
- Digital zoom up to 5x
- Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control
- Portrait Lighting with six effects (Natural, Studio, Contour, Stage, Stage Mono, High-Key Mono)
- Optical image stabilization
- Six‑element lens
- LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync
- Panorama (up to 63MP)
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- Autofocus with Focus Pixels
- Wide color capture for photos and Live Photos
- Next-generation Smart HDR for photos
- Advanced red-eye correction
- Auto image stabilization
- Burst mode
- Photo geotagging
- Image formats captured: HEIF and JPEG
- 4K video recording at 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
- 1080p HD video recording at 25 fps, 30 fps, or 60 fps
- 720p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Extended dynamic range for video up to 30 fps
- Optical image stabilization for video
- Digital zoom up to 3x
- LED True Tone flash
- QuickTake video
- Slo‑mo video support for 1080p at 120 fps or 240 fps
- Time‑lapse video with stabilization
- Cinematic video stabilization (4K, 1080p, and 720p)
- Continuous autofocus video
- Take 8MP still photos while recording 4K video
- Playback zoom
- Video formats recorded: HEVC and H.264
- Stereo recording
- Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button
- Pay with your iPhone using Touch ID in stores, within apps, and on the web
- Send and receive money in Messages
- Complete purchases made with Apple Pay on your Mac
- Pay for your ride using Express Transit
Cellular and Wireless
- Gigabit-class LTE with 2x2 MIMO and LAA
- 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2x2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- NFC with reader mode
- Express Cards with power reserve
- Built-in GPS/GNSS
- Digital compass
- iBeacon microlocation
- FaceTime video calling over cellular or Wi‑Fi
- FaceTime HD (1080p) video calling over Wi-Fi
- FaceTime audio
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- Wi‑Fi calling
- Audio formats supported: AAC-LC, HE‑AAC, HE‑AAC v2, Protected AAC, MP3, Linear PCM, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Dolby Digital (AC‑3), Dolby Digital Plus (E‑AC‑3), and Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+)
- Stereo playback
- User‑configurable maximum volume limit
- Video formats supported: HEVC, H.264, MPEG‑4 Part 2, and Motion JPEG
- Supports Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG
- Up to 4K HDR AirPlay for mirroring, photos, and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later) or AirPlay 2‑enabled smart TV
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Use your voice to send messages, set reminders, and more
- Get intelligent suggestions on your Lock Screen and in Messages, Mail, QuickType, and more
- Activate hands‑free with only your voice using “Hey Siri”
- Use your voice to run shortcuts from your favorite apps
External Buttons and Connectors
Home/Touch ID sensor
Built‑in stereo speaker
Built‑in stereo speaker
Power and Battery
- Up to 13 hours
- Up to 8 hours
- Up to 40 hours
- Up to 50% charge in 30 minutes with 20W adapter or higher (sold separately)
- Built-in rechargeable lithium‑ion battery
- Wireless charging (works with Qi chargers)
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- Three‑axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
iOS is the world’s most personal and secure mobile operating system, packed with powerful features that help you get the most out of every day.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new iPhone. With built‑in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can fully enjoy the world’s most personal device.
Mail Attachment Support
Viewable document types
.jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics; .usdz (USDZ Universal)
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access
- Syncing to a Mac or PC requires:
- macOS Catalina 10.15 or later using the Finder
- macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 through macOS Mojave 10.14.6 using iTunes 12.8 or later
- Windows 7 or later using iTunes 12.10.10 or later (free download)
32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
−4° to 113° F (−20° to 45° C)
5% to 95% noncondensing
tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)
In the Box
- iPhone with iOS 14
- USB-C to Lightning Cable