APPLE IMAC 21.5" COMPUTER. i5 2.3GHZ/8GB/256GB/INTEL IRIS GRAPHICS
Retina DisplayDraws you in. Blows you away. Everything looks better on a Retina display, with its one billion colors and 500 nits of brightness. Photos and graphics leap off the screen. Text is supersharp. And for the first time, the 27‑inch iMac features True Tone technology for a more natural viewing experience and a nano-texture glass option to reduce to the barest glare to the barest minimum.
Nano-Texture GlassMinimum glare. Maximum detail. First seen on the Pro Display XDR, the nano-texture glass option on the 27‑inch iMac is a game-changer for workspaces with sunlight, direct light, or changing lighting conditions. Unlike typical matte display coatings, the nano-texture is etched into the glass at the nanometer level. This reduces glare while preserving contrast, for jaw-dropping image quality.
Processor and MemoryFrom fast to fasten your seatbelt. iMac and powerful processors go hand in hand. Up to a 6-core Intel Core i7 processor gives the 21.5‑inch iMac all the power you need for creating in Photoshop, editing video, or making music. And the 27-inch model offers up to a 10-core Intel Core i9 processor to sail through heavy tasks like layering dozens of audio tracks or compiling and testing code.
GraphicsNext-level. At any level. The graphics on iMac make everything a sight to behold. The 21.5-inch model comes with AMD Radeon Pro 500X series graphics, and can be configured with an AMD Radeon Pro Vega 20 GPU to power through tasks like 3D rendering or complex video effects with ease. And the 27-inch model brings AMD Radeon Pro 5000 series graphics with up to 16GB of GDDR6 memory for graphics-intensive workflows like editing UHD video or developing lifelike game environments.
StorageMore space. More speed. All-flash SSD storage is now standard on all iMac models, bringing high capacity and lightning speed. And the 27‑inch iMac can now be configured up to a whopping 8TB SSD13 with up to 3.4GB/s sequential read and write speeds,14 for screaming-fast access to all of your photo and video libraries, massive files, and pro apps.
Camera, Speakers, and MicsMics, camera, action. From crystal clear video calls and voice recordings to music and movies that fill the room, iMac is an all-star for communications and content. The 27‑inch iMac now features a 1080p FaceTime HD camera and a studio-quality three-mic array. And the T2 chip acts in concert with the speakers to enable variable EQ and an enhanced bass response, so all your content can have big, balanced high-fidelity sound.
Apple T2 Security ChipYour own private security detail. The Apple T2 Security Chip comes to the 27‑inch iMac, with a Secure Enclave coprocessor that provides the foundation for secure boot and encrypted storage capabilities. The T2 chip also enables powerful features like the 1080p FaceTime HD camera, face detection, enhanced speaker bass response, and “Hey Siri” — and makes transcoding HEVC video up to twice as fast as the previous generation.
ConnectivityPacked with ports. And possibilities. Every iMac features two superfast Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports and four USB-A ports, giving you plenty of high-performance options for connecting external drives, cameras, displays, and more. All iMac models come with a 1Gb Ethernet port, and now you can configure the 27‑inch iMac with 10Gb Ethernet for up to 10 times the throughput of the previous generation. Ultrafast Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are standard on every iMac, and the 27‑inch model features Bluetooth 5.0, so you’re instantly connected to your favorite content and wireless devices.
Apple AccessoriesRechargeable. Remarkable. Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard pair perfectly with iMac and come included in the box. If you’re looking for extra functionality, Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad and Magic Trackpad 2 offer some impressive options.
- 21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display
- 1920x1080 resolution with support for millions of colours
- 2.3GHz: 2.3GHz dual‑core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
- 8GB of 2133MHz DDR4 memory
- 256GB SSD
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Video Support and Camera
- FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colours (21.5‑inch)
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output: Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C / Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- 3.5mm headphone jack
Connections and Expansion
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB-A ports
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) ports with support for: DisplayPort, Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s), Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI and VGA supported using adapters (sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ‑45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
- Magic Keyboard
- Magic Mouse 2
- Wi‑Fi: 802.11ac Wi‑Fi wireless networking, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 45.0 cm (17.7 inches)
- Width: 52.8 cm (20.8 inches)
- Stand depth: 17.5 cm (6.9 inches)
- Weight: 5.44 kg (12.0 pounds)
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 5,000 metres (16,400 feet)
In the Box
- Magic Keyboard
- Magic Mouse 2
- Power lead
- Lightning to USB Cable
- Polishing cloth
- macOS: macOS is the operating system that powers every Mac. macOS Catalina gives you more of everything you love about Mac. So you can take everything you do above and beyond.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new iMac. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Voice Memos
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
- Find My
- QuickTime Player
*iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.